How do I edit domain preferences?
Posted by admin on 11 September 2009 11:28 PM
To change the domain name, requirement for www prefix, and adjust the traffic statistics retention setting, follow these steps:|
1. Click the Preferences icon at the Domain administration page. The Domain preferences page will open.
2. Check or uncheck the WWW prefix checkbox to determine whether the given domain will allow the www prefix to be used to access the domain. If the box is checked, Internet users will be able to access a domain (i.e. domain.com) by specifying either the domain name itself or the domain with the "www" prefix. If the box is unchecked it will not be accessible with the "www" prefix (i.e. www.domain.com).
3. To change the domain name, click in the Domain name field, displaying the given domain name and edit it as desired.
- Use this feature with caution, as renaming a domain may result in problems with software running on this domain.
- After you have changed a domain name, you should update the SSL certificate correspondingly.
- Make sure that you inform a domain owner and domain users of the domain name change.
4. To set the traffic statistics retention period, select the Retain traffic statistics for [__] Months checkbox, and type the number in the input field provided.
5. Click OK to submit the changes and return to the Domain administration page.