How can I determine how much diskspace I have available?
Posted by Mike C. on 12 September 2009 12:11 AM
In order to see how much disk space is available, execute the df (disk free) command.|
# df -h
Filesystem Size Used Avail Capacity Mounted on
/dev/ad0s1a 72G 1.1G 65G 2% /
Devfs 1.0K 1.0K 0B 100% /dev
- Filesystem: This is the partition for which the information is gathered.
- Size: This is the amount of total space on the partition.
- Used: This is the amount of used space on the partition.
- Avail: This is the amount of available space on the partition.
- Capacity: Used / Avail
- Mounted on: This is the mount point of the partition.