How do I edit a file?
Posted by Mike C. on 11 September 2009 07:47 PM
Editing a pre-existing file through File Manager allows you to make immediate changes to your web site, without having to upload a new version of the file. This is useful for small changes, but would be inefficient for large alterations.|
To edit a file:
1. Navigate to the folder where the file is located.
2. Click on the name of the file.
3. Click on the Edit File link in the top-right corner of your window. This will open a new window with the contents of the file displayed.
Note: Clicking on the Show File link will display the contents of the file. However, you will not be able to make any changes to the file.
4. Alter the text of the file as you wish.
5. Click on the Save button when you have finished altering the file. The file has been saved and any changes will take effect from now on.